Wednesday, July 27, 2005

ARC de Triomphe

I've got ARCs! Real, honest to goodness, bound and printed ARCs for my December book, HEART OF THE DOVE. I believe this is a career first for me! For midlisters like moi, Ballantine usually sends out loose page proofs for print reviews, as printing actual ARCs is an added production expense typically reserved for publishing house stars. But this is verra cool!


Oooh . . . pretty!

As you can see, they are beautiful! Of course, they do contain some typos--about 8 affected pages--since the advance copies went into production before the page proofs were corrected. Grr. I hate typos!

I have a handful of these lovelies, which will be going out to Very Special People. (At his request, I did give one to the hub--which, God bless him, he actually took with him to read on the bus to work the other day! He tells me that at chapter three, it's already a lot better than Robert Ludlum's THE BOURNE SUPREMACY! *G*)

I also plan to reserve a couple copies to use as prizes in my newsletter drawings. If you'd like a chance to win a signed ARC (which, hey, could be worth about $6.99 cold hard cash on eBay one day!) make sure to join my reader newsletter!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shesawriter said...

Typos-shmypos. I'll buy it anyway. (g) Beautiful cover, Tina. Love the colors.

Tanya

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jolie Mathis said...

The ARCs are beautiful! Okay, so if we are already signed up for the newsletter, we have a chance of winning one?

10:09 AM  
Blogger --TSJ said...

Thanks, Tanya! I caught the typos in the page proofs, so they shouldn't appear in the actual finished book. I hope!

---------

Jolie, glad you like them! And yeppers, if you are already getting my newsletter, you are already in the queue for the ARC drawing. Wasn't that easy?! ;-P

5:58 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Tina! What a beautiful cover!!! WOW! Okay this one is going on my TBB list. December you say? Ah, just in time for the Christmas rush!
Grin. Lovely. Just lovely!
Michelle

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home