Thursday, July 28, 2005

RWA Reno -- the virtual tour!

Tomorrow is closing day on our new condo, so I am in a packing frenzy, trying to wrap up as much as I can so we can get outta this rental and into our own place ASAP. We are SO ready to be there! Can. Not. Wait!

Since I'm still moping about not being at the RWA National Conference this week, I think I'll live vicariously through a handful of other writers who are being kind enough to share the experience:

Alesia Holliday is feeling the love, people. Jill Shalvis reports in as well--with pictures! A couple of the WriteMinded bloggers are posting conference news, as are new authors Karin Tabke and Megan Frampton. Brenda Coulter is most impressed with the Reno Hilton room service thus far, while Carolyn Jewel reports in with news that she has, well, no real news to report. I must admit, I am waiting eagerly for reports and photos from the hotel lounge, because let's face it, that's where the *real* conference action is!

Naturally, the pithy and cool PBW remains unimpressed with the whole conference thing. Me, I am a giant conference dork. Put me in a hotel with 1500 other writers and I turn all wide-eyed and geeky. My friends and I dish excitedly about who we've seen, where we're going next, who's having the best parties, who's giving the best workshops, and how the hell we're going to jam all those free books into our bags when the time comes to head back home. I always come away from the conference with new friends, new ideas, and usually more than one great new industry contact. Maybe someday I'll shed my pink Pollyanna shades for some jaded coolness, but I ain't got there yet!

So, tell me, tell me! Have I missed any other good conference report blogs? Post them in the comments and share the luuurve!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shesawriter said...

Hey Tina,

I'm going to be offline until mid-next week (revision hades), so I just wanted to pop in and say "hi."

You asked about convention coverage. Kelly C has some great pictures on her blog. Here's the address:

http://www.writerwords.blogspot.com/


Hugs,

Tanya

4:10 PM  
Blogger Karin Tabke said...

Hi, Tina,
Thanks for listing my blog. By the end of the week I'll have conference pics up on my site www.karintabke.com on the photo page.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Hope the moving went smoothly. Thanks for linking to my blogging of the conference!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oy...Moving? *wince* Just the mere thought of having to move my computer room would send me into a catatonic state. Hope your move went well. (I hope you guys got movers. I told hubby I'm never moving anything on our own again so he better save his pennies if he wants me to move...LOL)

I wanted to go to the conference this year but alas the IRS has decided that I need to pay them prior to allowing me go on any fun trips. Darn accountants and their mistakes. Yeesh. Next year is Atlanta though and I'm getting all geared up for that one. It's close enough to drive!

Hope you're getting all settled in!
Michelle

10:45 AM  
Blogger ebaypowerseller2006 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Tonythebest said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home