Thursday, April 27, 2006

Early bird needs coffee

Morning! Yes, it is--4am Eastern time, to be exact, and WTF am I doing awake at this hour, anyway?! I'm really not sure, but the coffee is brewing and I figured I'd better check in here at the blog before the entire month of April is gone and I have nothing to show for it.

First, I have to send out my congrats to this year's RITA Finalists! Lots of great books made it into the finals, from authors I love: JR Ward, Elizabeth Boyle, Terri Brisbin, Julia London, Jen Holling, Teresa Medeiros--truly, too many to name. WTG, guys! Alas, neither of my two 2005 releases made it, but that just means I can skip RWA National again this year and not feel the slightest bit of angst. I hear the conference hotel is sold out already anyway, FWIW.

Thank you to everyone who cast their votes for me in All About Romance's "Favorite Books by Favorite Authors" poll. Interesting to see that Black Lion's Bride came out on top. It happens to be one of the books I'm most proud of, so it's great to know that my readers give it high marks. Based on many factors, not the least of which being the book's timeliness and subject matter (medieval Crusader hero and Islamic assassin heroine, released just a few months after 9/11), Black Lion's Bride was not one of my better selling novels. Gee, go figure. Walmart didn't carry it (after they did stock the prequel, White Lion's Lady), and I am only recently coming to understand how much that can really hurt a book's numbers. Ouch! And, I guess . . . c'est la vie.

Everything is good on the homefront and in all other areas, I'm pleased to report. I hope to post some recent photos and more news soon! Meanwhile, I'm off to grab a cup of my favorite new brew and get the day started. Have a good Thursday, all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

At 4AM you are crazy. I hope John did not get upset or Sam & Maxine for disturbing their beauty rest. HAHA. Can't wait for the new Heart of the Dragon.

Jenny H

1:41 PM  
Blogger --TSJ said...

LOL, Jenny -- and it was due in part to John and the kitties that I was awake at that hour! Max and Sam start getting restless at the first hint of dawn. And by restless, I mean annoying. Howling. Chasing each other over the bed and through the whole house. Some days, it's just easier to give it up and roll out of bed with them before the havoc begins. :-/

--Tina :)

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They Serve some great coffee in Freeport Illinois. They have this new coffee house called higher grounds. it's great if anyone is in the midwest they should check it out. http://www.freeport-il.com .
Freeport Illinois

5:58 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm often up as early as 4am too. Sometimes it's because I want to get some writing done before my noisy neighbours get up, other times it's because I can't get back to sleep because I've got ideas I need to write down.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home